Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on linux and mac Version 1.1

Okay, so I put in some time on some CXZ (crossover) porting. I went to linux forums. Apparently, all you have to do is tell the programs what extensions of the graphics engine cannot be used, then the game will work around it. Here's a clue:
You have to alter the registry of windows (basically the fake windows kernel) and tell the engine that certain extensions are not useable, so when the game engine loads up, viola! It checks against the registry and runs the game accordingly. Bingo. Clap for me. And for the linux guys who actually figured out which extensions of the engine the VOODOO or OpenGL drivers don't support. I have been applying this to my own wrappers. You can download the registry file needed (Go to this site: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20075&iTestingId=52545, and you can find all the info you need, including a link to the reg file). I will probably post the reg file and a prepared wrapper on Demonoid.com later next week.
Remember, where there is a will, there is a way. Just ask a programmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email me only when the comments aren't enough. I appreciate it. Email is harley.davis2010@gmail.com, please follow the instructions from the "Good Morning Dave" post and note which posting you are having an issue with. Requests will be taken at author's discretion, however don't always count on it. I like research, but it isn't the only thing in my life. Please try to confine e-mail to clarification only or information to add, and keep requests to a minimum. I may take one every two months or so, and if I'm bored, I may work with more.